#THEBISFORBOSS IS HIRING A Pr & SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN!
Are you smart, resourceful with experience in social media? Do you keep a pulse on pop-culture? Are you passionate about Public Relations and Digital Marketing? If you answered yes to the above and are a stan of Beyonce and a "fixer" like Olivia Pope that is interested in gaining real-world experience in the public relations field, then we want to meet you!
#TheBisForBoss is looking for a bright and creative intern with strong organizational skills to help expand the blog's presence. You'll be part of our executive team and work closely with our founder (Lunch dates & events included). In this cross-functional role, you’ll be working for our brand, slaying your career and personal goals while dabbling in event planning, social-media and digital marketing! You'll be responsible for assisting with the development of #TheBisForBoss brand, scouring the Internet and social feeds to find new brands the company can collaborate with and assist in the creation and distribution of marketing collateral. This internship is a unique opportunity to gain hands-on public relations experience and experience in developing and maintaining an online blog and social media presence for a one-of-a-kind startup. You will have the creative freedom to come up with your own ideas and put them into practice. You will be working with us in uptown Manhattan, but remote work is possible. This internship is unpaid. The duration of the internship (12 weeks) will depend on performance, with the ability to become a paid opportunity. During the unpaid months, you will be eligible to receive gratis products and services through #TheBisForBoss.
All interns are required to be students or recent college graduates (within the past 12-18 months). Internships are 8-15 hours/week during the school year and 15-20 hours/week during the summer and usually last twelve weeks.
The successful applicant will have:
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Their pulse on pop culture and stay up-to-date on all the latest trends
- An existing personal social media following (so we can get a sense of your own presence)
- Have a positive go-getter attitude and be self-motivated
- Strong organization & the ability to manage multiple projects
- Creativity – this position will require you to come up with your own content - website, photography, photoshop (or comparable), and graphic design skills are a big plus
- Ability to use Canva and other online digital tools
- Computer proficient in word processing, database work, email, and Internet research.
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively with a #BossTribe of outgoing and hardworking ladies (Genuinely interested and have a passion and desire to increase collaboration amongst women)
INTERNSHIP ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing and creating content for our blog
- Managing the blog's social media presence
- Drafting and creating pitch notes for vendors and journalists
- Outreach and connecting with potential women we want to feature on #TheBisForBoss
- Researching and contacting brands to collaborate with
- Researching and contacting journalists to get press coverage for the blog
- Assisting with and facilitating project and event coordination (including planning events, workshops, and webinars)
- Preparing communication materials
- Managing and organizing department files
- Helping manage photo databases
HOW TO APPLY
Please email cover letter, resume and link(s) to portfolio and/or linkedin to sade(at) thebisforboss.com with the email subject line: "#TheBisForBoss Intern Application". Deadline: 11/1/17.